Mr. George K Gachoka
Deputy Internal Auditor General (MOD)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducts systems audits to provide assurance that key operating systems such as cash management, procurement, transport revenue/AIA, assets management etc are functioning effectively and that the Ministry’s strategic and operational objectives are being met consistently, efficiently and in a cost-effective manner.
- Conducts Risk Based Audits (RBA) to provide reasonable assurance that risk management process structures put in place by management are functioning effectively and recommending appropriate risk mitigation measures where necessary.
- Provides consulting services to the Ministry in developing appropriate risk management, control and governance frameworks and enhance the level of assurance provided to management.
- Conducts value for Money (VFM) Performance Audits geared towards economic, effective and efficient use of the Ministry’s resources and sound management of expenditure with the view to enhancing value for tax payers’ money.
- Reviews, analyzes and evaluates budgetary allocations and re-allocations process and periodical budgetary performance reports submitted to Treasury by Ministry of Defence to ensure that the allocation and expenditure trends are in line with the Ministry’s strategic objectives and that there is evidence of prudent and effective uilization of budgetary resources.
- Reviews and evaluates Annual Appropriation Accounts, fund Accounts and Statement of Assets & Liabilities before they are submitted to Controller and Auditor General by Accounting Officers
- Verifies and analyzes periodical financial returns that are required to be submitted to Treasury by Ministry of Defence from time to time such as pending bills returns, expenditure returns, imprest returns, revenue and AIA returns, staff returns, vehicle returns etc.