- EXERCISE CUTLASS EXPRESS 2021 KICKS OFF IN MOMBASA
- POSTINGS, PROMOTIONS AND APPOINTMENTS
- BE MISSION READY
- “THANK YOU KDF” FROM THE LOCALS
- MEDALS FOR KDF PEACE MONITORS IN SOUTH SUDAN
- CDF VISITS AIR COMPONENT AT MOMBASA FOB
- 700 BENEFIT FROM KDF MEDICAL CAMP AT KIUNGA
- KENYA NAVY RESCUES CREW OF SEVEN FROM A CAPSIZING BOAT
- JOINT FIELD TRAINING EXERCISE FOR MISSION READINESS
- KDF BREATHES NEW LIFE INTO MARARANI, LAMU COUNTY
- KDF DONATES MEDICAL EQUIPMENT AND PHARMACEUTICAL SUPPLIES TO FAZA HOSPITAL AND MBWAJUMWALI HEALTH CENTRE IN LAMU COUNTY
- KDF HANDS OVER FOUR CLASSROOMS AND A SPORTS STADIUM AT RAS KAMBONI, SOMALIA
The Executive Order No. 2 of May 2013 (Revised February 2020) created the Ministry of Defence. The work of the Ministry of Defence is informed by the Constitution of the Republic of Kenya. The Ministry is obliged to facilitate and support the Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) in the discharge of their mandate under Article 241 (3) (a), (b) & (c) of the Constitution.
To defend and protect the sovereignty and territorial integrity of the Republic, assist and cooperate with other authorities in situations of emergency or disaster and restore peace in any part of Kenya affected by unrest or instability as assigned.
A premier, credible and mission capable force deeply rooted in professionalism.
The Ministry of Defence is committed to defending and protecting the people of the Republic of Kenya and their property against external aggression and also in providing support to the Civil Authority as per the Law.
H. E. PRESIDENT UHURU KENYATTA, CGH
PRESIDENT OF THE REPUBLIC OF KENYA AND COMMANDER-IN-CHIEF OF THE DEFENCE FORCES
AMB. DR. MONICA JUMA, (Oxon), EGH
MINISTRY OF DEFENCE
GEN ROBERT. K. KIBOCHI EGH CBS ‘ndc’ (K) ‘psc’ (UK)
CHIEF OF THE DEFENCE FORCES
HON. P. O. ODOYO, CBS
CHIEF ADMINISTRATIVE SECRETARY
DR. I. M. MOHAMED,CBS
LT GEN F. O. OGOLLA MGH EBS HSC ‘ndc’ (K) ‘psc’ (FRA)
VICE CHIEF OF THE DEFENCE FORCES
Lt Gen W. R. Koipaton MGH CBS OGW ‘ndc’ (K) ‘psc’ (TZ)
Commander Kenya Army