- DEPUTY COMMANDER KENYA ARMY RECEIVES KDF TROOPS FROM DRC
- MINISTRY OF DEFENCE FETED FOR TRANSPARENCY IN FINANCIAL REPORTING
- JOINT COMMAND AND STAFF COLLEGE (JCSC) FOOTBALL MATCH AGAINST MOI AIR BASE (MAB)
- CS DUALE REAFFIRMS KENYA’S COMMITMENT TO PURSUE REGIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL PEACE
- KENYA DEFENCE FORCES HOSTS 5TH KENYA-EGYPT JOINT MILITARY COMMITTEE MEETING
- NATIONAL DEFENCE COLLEGE STUDENTS VISIT KENYA NAVY
- ASSISTANCE TO CIVIL AUTHORITIES
- KENYA ARMY CORPS OF SIGNALS FRATERNITY HELD IT’S FIRST MENTORSHIP GET TOGETHER
- DEFABA EMERGES VICTORIOUS IN THE NATIONAL LEAGUE
- KENCON TROOPS UNDER EACRF COMMENCE EXIT FROM DRC
- CDF LAUDS EACRF TROOPS FOR REMARKABLE ACHIEVEMENTS
- KDF JOIN THE WORLD IN OBSERVING WORLD AIDS DAY
The Executive Order No. 2 of May 2013 (Revised February 2020) created the Ministry of Defence. The work of the Ministry of Defence is informed by the Constitution of the Republic of Kenya. The Ministry is obliged to facilitate and support the Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) in the discharge of their mandate under Article 241 (3) (a), (b) & (c) of the Constitution.
To defend and protect the sovereignty and territorial integrity of the Republic, assist and cooperate with other authorities in situations of emergency or disaster and restore peace in any part of Kenya affected by unrest or instability as assigned.
A premier, credible and mission capable force deeply rooted in professionalism.
The Ministry of Defence is committed to defending and protecting the people of the Republic of Kenya and their property against external aggression and also in providing support to the Civil Authority as per the Law.
H.E. Dr. WILLIAM SAMOEI RUTO , CGH
PRESIDENT OF THE REPUBLIC OF KENYA AND COMMANDER-IN-CHIEF OF THE DEFENCE FORCES
THE HON. ADEN BARE DUALE, EGH. MP
GEN F O OGOLLA MGH EBS HSC ‘ndc’ (K) ‘psc’ (FRA)
CHIEF OF THE DEFENCE FORCES
HON. PATRICK MARIRU
LT GEN JONAH M MWANGI MGH CBS ‘awc’ (USA) ‘psc’ (K)
VICE CHIEF OF THE DEFENCE FORCES
Lt Gen Peter Mbogo Njiru MGH CBS ‘rcds’ (UK) ‘psc’ (K)
Commander Kenya Army