- MWAK MEMBERSHIP SENSITISATION PROGRAM COMES TO AN END
- TAPPING INTO SCIENTIFIC DATA TO COMBAT CLIMATE CHANGE, ENHANCE FOOD SECURITY
- BETTER ENVIRONMENT BETTER FUTURE
- IN THE SPIRIT OF THANKS GIVING
- COMRADESHIP BEYOND ACTIVE SERVICE
- BOOST TO REGIONAL FORCE PEACE EFFORTS IN EASTERN DRC
- BE GOOD KDF AMBASSADORS IN DRC
- MWAK TAKES SENSITIZATION TOUR TO ELDORET
- JOINT EFFORT TOWARD PEACE AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONSERVATION IN TURKANA COUNTY
- FIRMING DEFENCE COOPERATION
- WORLD’S CHILDREN DAY
- EACRF FORCE REMAINS COMMITTED TO EASTERN DRC PEACE AND STABILITY
The Executive Order No. 2 of May 2013 (Revised February 2020) created the Ministry of Defence. The work of the Ministry of Defence is informed by the Constitution of the Republic of Kenya. The Ministry is obliged to facilitate and support the Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) in the discharge of their mandate under Article 241 (3) (a), (b) & (c) of the Constitution.
To defend and protect the sovereignty and territorial integrity of the Republic, assist and cooperate with other authorities in situations of emergency or disaster and restore peace in any part of Kenya affected by unrest or instability as assigned.
A premier, credible and mission capable force deeply rooted in professionalism.
The Ministry of Defence is committed to defending and protecting the people of the Republic of Kenya and their property against external aggression and also in providing support to the Civil Authority as per the Law.
H.E. Dr. WILLIAM SAMOEI RUTO , CGH
PRESIDENT OF THE REPUBLIC OF KENYA AND COMMANDER-IN-CHIEF OF THE DEFENCE FORCES
THE HON. ADEN BARE DUALE, EGH. MP
GEN ROBERT KIBOCHI EGH CBS, PhD
CHIEF OF THE DEFENCE FORCES
HON. P O ODOYO, CBS
CHIEF ADMINISTRATIVE SECRETARY
DR. I M MOHAMED,CBS
LT GEN F O OGOLLA MGH EBS HSC ‘ndc’ (K) ‘psc’ (FRA)
VICE CHIEF OF THE DEFENCE FORCES
Lt Gen Peter Mbogo Njiru CBS ‘rcds’ (UK) ‘psc’ (K)
Commander Kenya Army