- CULTURAL DAY AT DSC
- MERU PRISON RECEIVES EX SOLDIER FOUND GUILTY OF RECRUITMENT FRAUD
- REPORT ANY PERSON WHO ASKED FOR A BRIBE, TOOK A BRIBE OR GAVE A BRIBE
- PUBLIC NOTICE: KENYA DEFENCE FORCES (PENSIONS AND GRATUITIES) (OFFICERS AND SERVICE MEMBERS) DRAFT REGULATIONS 2021
- TENDER NO: MOD/INFRAS/024/20/21 ADDENDUM/CLARIFICATION NO: 2
- KDF TO GET 2340 HOUSING UNITS
- COVID-19 VACCINE TO THE SEAFARERS
- ADVERTISEMENT OF VACANT POSTS (CIVILIAN STAFF)
- KENYA NAVY FLAGS OFF JUNIOR OFFICERS TRAINING CRUISE
- VACCINATING THE SOLDIER
- UK CHIEF OF DEFENCE STAFF VISITS KENYA
- TENDER NO: MOD/INFRAS/024/20/21 ADDENDUM/CLARIFICATION NO: 1
The Executive Order No. 2 of May 2013 (Revised February 2020) created the Ministry of Defence. The work of the Ministry of Defence is informed by the Constitution of the Republic of Kenya. The Ministry is obliged to facilitate and support the Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) in the discharge of their mandate under Article 241 (3) (a), (b) & (c) of the Constitution.
To defend and protect the sovereignty and territorial integrity of the Republic, assist and cooperate with other authorities in situations of emergency or disaster and restore peace in any part of Kenya affected by unrest or instability as assigned.
A premier, credible and mission capable force deeply rooted in professionalism.
The Ministry of Defence is committed to defending and protecting the people of the Republic of Kenya and their property against external aggression and also in providing support to the Civil Authority as per the Law.
H. E. PRESIDENT UHURU KENYATTA, CGH
PRESIDENT OF THE REPUBLIC OF KENYA AND COMMANDER-IN-CHIEF OF THE DEFENCE FORCES
AMB. DR. MONICA JUMA, (Oxon), EGH
MINISTRY OF DEFENCE
GEN ROBERT. K. KIBOCHI EGH CBS ‘ndc’ (K) ‘psc’ (UK)
CHIEF OF THE DEFENCE FORCES
HON. P. O. ODOYO, CBS
CHIEF ADMINISTRATIVE SECRETARY
DR. I. M. MOHAMED,CBS
LT GEN L. MGHALU, MGH MBS ‘ndc’ (K) ‘psn’ (RSA)
VICE CHIEF OF THE DEFENCE FORCES
Lt Gen W. R. Koipaton MGH CBS OGW ‘ndc’ (K) ‘psc’ (TZ)
Commander Kenya Army