- KDF CONTINUES TO IMPROVE LIVES IN LAIKIPIA
- KDF TROOPS IN SOMALIA MARK WORLD AIDS DAY
- KDF TROOPS IN SOMALIA MARK WORLD AIDS DAY AT AFMADOW HOSPITAL
- KENYA DEFENCE FORCES MARKS WORLD AIDS DAY
- THE COMMANDER KENYA AIR FORCE OFFICIALLY RECEIVES NEW PERSONNEL
- KDF ENGINEERS BRIGADE INTER-UNITS COMPETITION COMMENCES
- KDF SOLDIER SENTENCED TO FIVE YEARS IN PRISON FOR RECRUITMENT MALPRACTICES
- CON ARTIST ARRESTED
- OFFICIAL CLOSING OF THE KENYA DEFENCE FORCES NATIONWIDE RECRUITMENT
- NEW OFFICERS READY TO SERVE
- KMA OFFICERS GRADUATION 2021
- NTANGULETY RESIDENTS IN LAIKIPIA RECEIVE WATER AND MEDICAL AID
The Executive Order No. 2 of May 2013 (Revised February 2020) created the Ministry of Defence. The work of the Ministry of Defence is informed by the Constitution of the Republic of Kenya. The Ministry is obliged to facilitate and support the Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) in the discharge of their mandate under Article 241 (3) (a), (b) & (c) of the Constitution.
To defend and protect the sovereignty and territorial integrity of the Republic, assist and cooperate with other authorities in situations of emergency or disaster and restore peace in any part of Kenya affected by unrest or instability as assigned.
A premier, credible and mission capable force deeply rooted in professionalism.
The Ministry of Defence is committed to defending and protecting the people of the Republic of Kenya and their property against external aggression and also in providing support to the Civil Authority as per the Law.
H. E. PRESIDENT UHURU KENYATTA, CGH
PRESIDENT OF THE REPUBLIC OF KENYA AND COMMANDER-IN-CHIEF OF THE DEFENCE FORCES
GEN ROBERT. K. KIBOCHI EGH CBS ‘ndc’ (K) ‘psc’ (UK) CHIEF OF THE DEFENCE FORCES
HON. P. O. ODOYO, CBS
CHIEF ADMINISTRATIVE SECRETARY
DR. I. M. MOHAMED,CBS
LT GEN F. O. OGOLLA MGH EBS HSC ‘ndc’ (K) ‘psc’ (FRA)
VICE CHIEF OF THE DEFENCE FORCES
Lt Gen W. R. Koipaton MGH CBS OGW ‘ndc’ (K) ‘psc’ (TZ)
Commander Kenya Army