- MWAK CONCLUDES WEEK-LONG MATERNAL CAMPAIGN AND MENTORSHIP PROGRAM
- VCDF PRESIDES OVER THE KENYA DEFENCE FORCES GOLF ASSOCIATION PATRON’S PRIZE AWARD CEREMONY
- RESIDENTS OF LARISORO RECEIVE MEDICAL CARE FROM KDF
- KENYA DEFENCE FORCES COLLABORATES WITH MINISTRY OF HEALTH IN A BREAST CANCER AWARENESS CAMPAIGN
- MULTI AGENCY PEACE CAMPAIGN GAINS MOMENTUM IN LAIKIPA WEST
- KDF DAY 10TH ANNIVERSARY MARKED ACROSS REGIONS
- KDF BAGS SILVER AND BRONZE IN OSMA GAMES IN NIGERIA
- KAHAWA GARRISON HOSTS 10TH KDF DAY ANNIVERSARY
- BATTLE FOR HOSINGOW
- MAU WATER TOWER REFORESTATION PROJECT
- CS MONICA JUMA HANDS OVER OFFICE REIGNS TO INCOMING DEFENCE CS EUGENE WAMALWA
- FULLY ARMOURED: NTV FEATURE
The Executive Order No. 2 of May 2013 (Revised February 2020) created the Ministry of Defence. The work of the Ministry of Defence is informed by the Constitution of the Republic of Kenya. The Ministry is obliged to facilitate and support the Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) in the discharge of their mandate under Article 241 (3) (a), (b) & (c) of the Constitution.
To defend and protect the sovereignty and territorial integrity of the Republic, assist and cooperate with other authorities in situations of emergency or disaster and restore peace in any part of Kenya affected by unrest or instability as assigned.
A premier, credible and mission capable force deeply rooted in professionalism.
The Ministry of Defence is committed to defending and protecting the people of the Republic of Kenya and their property against external aggression and also in providing support to the Civil Authority as per the Law.
H. E. PRESIDENT UHURU KENYATTA, CGH
PRESIDENT OF THE REPUBLIC OF KENYA AND COMMANDER-IN-CHIEF OF THE DEFENCE FORCES
GEN ROBERT. K. KIBOCHI EGH CBS ‘ndc’ (K) ‘psc’ (UK) CHIEF OF THE DEFENCE FORCES
HON. P. O. ODOYO, CBS
CHIEF ADMINISTRATIVE SECRETARY
DR. I. M. MOHAMED,CBS
LT GEN F. O. OGOLLA MGH EBS HSC ‘ndc’ (K) ‘psc’ (FRA)
VICE CHIEF OF THE DEFENCE FORCES
Lt Gen W. R. Koipaton MGH CBS OGW ‘ndc’ (K) ‘psc’ (TZ)
Commander Kenya Army