- CS HOSTS ITALIAN AMBASSADOR
- BOLSTERING EAC DEFENCE COOPERATION
- FINAL PUSH” AGAINST THE AL-SHABAAB IN SOMALIA
- KDF CONDUCTED AREA DOMINATING PATROLS IN THE AREAS OF OFAI, BADIMBESI, SESA AND IDOHU ALONG KOMANDA – BENI ROAD
- DEFENCE PS RECEIVES NAUTICAL CHARTS OF THE LAMU ARCHIPELAGO
- DEFENCE PS HOSTS OFFICIALS FROM THE STATE DEPARTMENT OF THE MINISTRY OF PUBLIC SERVICE
- DEFENCE PS HOLDS TALKS WITH US OFFICIALS ON CAPACITY BUILDING OF CIVILIAN COMPONENTS AT MoD.
- MILITARY AIRLIFTS TEACHERS WORKING NEAR BONI FOREST TO SCHOOLS AS LEARNING RESUMES
- CS HOSTS BRIGADIER GENERAL MARKUS MADERS
- EACRF TROOPS RESTORE WATER SUPPLY TO RESIDENTS IN EASTERN DRC
- “SUGAR MILLERS” UPSET ULINZI FOOTBALL CLUB
- STRENGTHENING CULTURAL ROOTS
The Executive Order No. 2 of May 2013 (Revised February 2020) created the Ministry of Defence. The work of the Ministry of Defence is informed by the Constitution of the Republic of Kenya. The Ministry is obliged to facilitate and support the Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) in the discharge of their mandate under Article 241 (3) (a), (b) & (c) of the Constitution.
To defend and protect the sovereignty and territorial integrity of the Republic, assist and cooperate with other authorities in situations of emergency or disaster and restore peace in any part of Kenya affected by unrest or instability as assigned.
A premier, credible and mission capable force deeply rooted in professionalism.
The Ministry of Defence is committed to defending and protecting the people of the Republic of Kenya and their property against external aggression and also in providing support to the Civil Authority as per the Law.
H.E. Dr. WILLIAM SAMOEI RUTO , CGH
PRESIDENT OF THE REPUBLIC OF KENYA AND COMMANDER-IN-CHIEF OF THE DEFENCE FORCES
THE HON. ADEN BARE DUALE, EGH. MP
GEN ROBERT KIBOCHI EGH CBS, PhD
CHIEF OF THE DEFENCE FORCES
HON. PATRICK MARIRU
LT GEN F O OGOLLA MGH EBS HSC ‘ndc’ (K) ‘psc’ (FRA)
VICE CHIEF OF THE DEFENCE FORCES
Lt Gen Peter Mbogo Njiru MGH CBS ‘rcds’ (UK) ‘psc’ (K)
Commander Kenya Army